Perenjori Demographics (WA) Local Stats

Perenjori (6620) is a suburb of South East & Central, Mid West, Western Australia. It is about 282 kms from WA's capital city of Perth. Perenjori is in the federal electorate of Durack.

In the 2011 census the population of Perenjori was 184 and is comprised of approximately 51.1% females and 48.9% males.

The median/average age of the population of Perenjori is 37 years of age.

81.7% of people living in the suburb of Perenjori were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 7.0% New Zealand, 5.9% England, 3.2% South Africa.

98.4% of people living in Perenjori speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 1.6% Other.

The religious makeup of Perenjori is 31.9% Anglican, 30.8% No religion, 25.4% Catholic, 2.7% Uniting Church, 2.2% Religious affiliation not stated, 2.2% Christian, nfd, 1.6% Other religious affiliation , 1.6% Buddhism, 1.6% Presbyterian and Reformed.

54.8% of people are married, 31.9% have never married and 11.1% are divorced and 0.0% are separated. There are 3 widowed people living in Perenjori.

60.6% of the people living in Perenjori over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 27.3% are working on a part time basis. Perenjori has an unemployment rate of 3.0%.

The main occupations of people living in Perenjori are 21.1% Machinery operators & drivers, 17.9% Technicians & trades workers, 13.7% Clerical & administrative workers, 12.6% Managers, 9.5% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated, 9.5% Labourers, 6.3% Sales workers, 5.3% Community & personal service workers, 4.2% Professionals.

The main industries people from Perenjori work in are 23.2% Public administration and safety, 12.6% Inadequately described/Not stated, 10.5% Mining, 9.5% Education and training, 7.4% Transport, postal and warehousing, 6.3% Professional, scientific and technical services, 6.3% Accommodation and food services, 6.3% Arts and recreation services, 5.3% Agriculture, forestry and fishing.

27.3% of homes are fully owned, and 27.3% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 45.5% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $538 per week and the median household income is $914 per week.

The median rent in Perenjori is $140 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1733 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Perenjori postcode 6620

  • Qpzm LocalStats Western Australia Suburb of the Day: Applecross 6153 -> Perth -> Western Australia